Fashion, costume, and hair designers ... are you ready?
Food in Fashion will be held Feb. 7, 2018 at 3015 at Trinity Groves and benefits Texas Restaurant Association Education Foundation. Event proceeds are specifically earmarked for the TRAEF's ProStart program in Dallas ISD high schools. ProStart is a two-year career and technical education program that focuses on teaching culinary arts and restaurant management skills.
For our 2018 Food in Fashion designers:
1. Fifteen designers will be selected. That's five more than last year. However, we expect there to be more applicants than positions so, this year, designers will be jurored into the 2018 show.
2. New this year, designers will be paired with a restaurant or restaurant industry partner ... by lottery. Businesses are paying for the opportunity to work with you! If you know a restaurant or restaurant industry business, they can grab one of the $250 Food in Fashion Fashion Sponsor opportunities (there are only 15 available on a first-come basis) but there is no guarantee they will get to work with you.
3. You will still need to recruit your own male or female volunteer model. If needed, we are also taking applications for models who want to volunteer for this charity event.
4. You will have one month to create a fashion for the show. At least 10% of your fashion must come from the sponsor you are paired with by lottery. All Fashion sponsors will be restaurants or restaurant-related businesses.
5. This year's Food in Fashion fashion show will be judged by celebrity judges from apparel and restaurant industries. Will your design and creativity win?
6. WFAA-TV's Ron Corning has some interesting ideas for promoting this year's event on Channel 8's morning newscast, Daybreak. Just sayin'...
Are you ready to bring it? Apply now.